On the manufacturing floor, controlling web thickness in-line is very important for improving the yield rate. However, in conventional systems using infrared ray or radiation, measurements were affected by the material properties and color of the web.
Maysun offers a breakthrough solution. Our thickness gauge measurement system enables real time, non-contact web measurement in-line. We recommend this system with confidence to customers who require high precision.
- Our non-contact web thickness gauge measurement system uses no radiation, including gamma, beta or x-rays, and therefore does not require special permits to operate. It excels in terms of safety and operability, and provides high accuracy.
- The magneto-static sensor built into the sensor unit makes it possible to measure the thickness of aluminum foils, copper foils and other non-magnetic metal foils.
- The system can measure transparent films and sheets, as well as printed and colored items.
- The system is virtually unaffected by the ambient environment, such as vibration or heat.
- A moisture meter can be embedded as an option for use as a grammage range measuring system.
* We offer the use of our permanently installed test machine for your trial. Please inquire for details.
Recipient of Shizuoka Prefecture New Technology Development Subsidy
[Cooperation] Shizuoka University Department of Technology, Shizuoka Industrial Technology Center
[Joint Development] Sumitomo Heavy Industry, Ltd. Plastic Division, Sumitomo Heavy Industry, Ltd. Research Center
|Web width||MAX 8,000 mm|
|Web thickness||MAX 500 μm|
|Precision||+-0.2μm (It depends on a measurement condition.)|
Theory of Measurement
Utilizing a unique sensor that integrates optical and magnetic sensors
The system uses a unique sensor that integrates an optical sensor and a magnetic sensor. The optical sensor measures the height of the web’s top surface and the magnetic sensor measures the distance from magnetic sensor to the back-up roll. Web thickness is calculated based on the difference in values. Due to the integrated sensors, fluctuations caused by vibration or thermal expansion of the roll are automatically corrected. In addition, the effects of roll composition and residual magnetism are excluded through computer processing.